Tuesday, September 6, 2011

9/11 video

I really thought that the video about the Greek shop owner really painted a vivid picture of how everyday Americans were affected by September 11th.  I think it took a different look than most of the stories we see regarding that tragic day, in that it looked at how he was indirectly affected not just how he was directly affected.  Just like we normally see the man lost many friends and customers in the attacks of September 11th.  What was different though was how over the course of the next few years fear took its toll on his business.  Everyone was too scared to come out and patronize his business.  No matter how bad it got, the man stayed where he belonged and would not be beaten by the terrorists.  I think he showed a great example of the resilience of the American people.  It was a good insight on how everyday people were affected by the tragic events of September 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment